Be sure to check your tire pressure! Tire pressure should be 18-20PSI, you can use a normal tire pressure gauge to check it and a bike pump to adjust the PSI. The optimal tire pressure is 20psi for road riding and will get you the optimal range. If you do partially deflate your tire for trail riding, we recommend you re-inflate your tire when back to riding on pavement to give you the best range and life for your tire.
Terrain will also have a significant impact on the overall range you’ll get on a ride. The best terrain for range is pavement. Grass, dirt, and looser surfaces require more energy to propel the rider and can lower your total range. Weight and incline are also large factors in the overall range so an increased total weight (rider weight and anything carried) or elevation gain both drain the battery faster.
If your tire pressure is at 20PSI and you are still seeing diminished range with normal tire pressure readings, please send in diagnostics at a low battery level and contact us so we can help you out!
To send diagnostics:
Below are instructions on how to send diagnostics -
- Connect to the app with a smart device through the “My Boards” page.
- Be sure your app has access to wifi.
- Once connected, click on the gear icon to access the board stats.
- When you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see a banner reading “DIAGNOSTICS”.
- Please tap the banner, then “SEND DIAGNOSTICS” and it will give you an option to comment on the diagnostics.
- Please type a comment with your full name, email address, and board serial number.